When it comes to protecting yourself against common viruses, flu vaccination is as important as other vaccinations. It’s not only effective but is also safe. You are guaranteed protection and a peaceful mind when you get the jab against the annual seasonal flu. Therefore, you don’t need to worry because High Street Pharmacy offers flu vaccination in Glasgow.
Who is eligible for the free NHS flu vaccine in Glasgow?
We continuously offer free NHS flu jabs to eligible adults that are above 18 years. Those eligible for the NHS flu jab for the 2021/22 season are as follows:
– Those with prevailing medical conditions, more so infants at-risk age groups, i.e. from 6 months
– Adults aged 50 years and above
– Expectant women
– Those living with or had previously been in contact with an individual at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
– Medical practitioners and other frontline health or social care workers
We also offer private flu vaccinations to individuals, including those who are below 65 years.
Who shouldn’t have the flu jab?
As much as most people are advised to get a flu vaccine, there are certain exceptions. These include:
– Individuals with egg allergies – need to consult their GP or pharmacist before getting the jab.
– Anyone who is unwell with a fever should delay getting the flu jab.
Visit or get in touch with our Pharmacists to learn about your eligibility. Consequently, visit us to get your NHS flu vaccination today.
What are the side effects of the flu vaccination in Glasgow?
The following is a list of side effects that have been observed after getting a flu jab:
– Soreness and swelling at the injection area
– Nausea and general weakness.
– Drowsiness and Tiredness
– Feeling generally unwell
– Muscle weakness
These side effects clear up within two to three days after injection. However, one may mistake the side effects for symptoms of the flu. Normally, the side effects of a flu jab and the flu infection symptoms are similar.
Whereas you may develop flu-like symptoms in response to the flu jab, the side effects are mild compared to those of a flu infection.
Contact High Street Pharmacy for your flu vaccination in Glasgow today!